Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Introducing Lean Forward

Finally, no more long emails to my friends about news items they never even considered. (I'm sure those included in reply-all dialogues will breathe a sigh of relief.) No, after years of pontificating in the semi-private space of my own To list, I'm now officially publishing the diatribes. Probably not daily, but hopefully weekly. In the mean time I'll point out some news items that catch my eye. And just to make it interesting I'll be hitting a point or two about food, music, sports and culture every now and then.

The title is a reference to a chapter ending line from Jack Kerouac's On the Road: "But we lean forward to the next crazy venture beneathe the skies." Not only does it symbolize the adventurous uninhibited experience of America that I think is healthy, (though perhaps less medicated than Cassidy) but it also embodies the general direction of society - not quite ready to take the next step, but always needing to move our feet to keep from falling on our own face.

So let the games begin...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home